Toasts display low priority, event-driven feedback which usually doesn’t require any user interaction. They appear for a set time and disappear automatically. They are appropriate for informing the user about action confirmations without being intrusive or infer unnecessary attention (e.g. “Message Sent” or “Changes Saved”).
- Notifying the user of global information, such as a change in server connection status.
- Confirming the success of a global action.
- Displaying quick snippets of information that disappear on their own after a set amount of time has passed.
3 Emails Deleted
|Toasts notify the user of global actions, such as deleting a set of emails, and can offer the user a chance to undo that action in case of user error.|
Don’t use when
- Displaying critical information that require immediate user action. Instead, use an alert
- The information being displayed is highly contextual to the user action.
|11/23/2020||1.0.0||Background colors changed to be accessible.||E. Bohn, L. Kause, N. Springer|