Tables are ideal for displaying data in rows and columns. They organize information in a way that’s easy to scan, so that users can look for patterns and insights.
- User needs to easily scan and compare data.
- User needs to view and edit data.
- Manipulating and navigating through a large amount of data.
- Previewing data before drilling down further.
Don’t use when
- You only have a small data set.
- A more detailed amount of information needs to be displayed by default.
- There is more than one piece of information within a cell.
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!