Messages display low priority content directly on the page and are not dismissable. They should be used within other elements to convey helpful information in an unobtrusive way.
- Providing the user with helpful, contextual information about a possible action or a set of data.
Don’t use when
- Alerting the user of a high priority error. Instead, use an Alert.
- Alerting the user of an out-of-context event. Instead, use a Toast.
- Fills the width of its container.
- Should have an accompanying icon to the left of the message text. When the text spans multiple lines, the icon should remain aligned to the top.
- Messages should remain static on the page. They should not be dismissible.
- Messages should be brief, full sentences, with proper punctuation.
- They should provide the user with helpful, contextual information about a possible action or a set of data.
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!