- The default breadcrumb navigation is not accessible. Use the accessible option for compliance.
- Place breadcrumb navigation in a
navelement should also be marked with
aria-label="breadcrumbs"to clearly describe the type of navigation.
- Breadcrumbs should remain in the same relative order and location on each page.
- The link text should be clear, reflect the breadcrumb location accurately, and easy to understand for all users.
- Make sure the tab order matches the hierarchy.
aria-current="page"to the last item of the set to indicate that it represents the current page.
- For more information, see the WAI-ARIA Authoring Practices for the breadcrumb pattern.
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!