Segmented controls allow users to make a single selection from a set of 2–5 options, as a common alternative to radio buttons and dropdown menus. They clearly present all available options to users and are easy to use on mobile devices and tablets.
- You need to provide closely related choices that affect an object, state, or view.
- You need to reduce cognitive load and/or other selection controls are inadequate.
Don’t use when
- Enabling actions, such as adding, removing, or editing content.
- Filtering or navigating content (use Tabs instead).
- There are too many segments causing crowding.
|01/16/2023||1.0.0||New component added.||D. Bedick, E. Bohn, N. Cadsawan, E. Gunther, J. A. Provin Silva, L. Saenz, C. Starbird, R. Stillwell, S. Kaukonen, N. Byati|
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!