- Buttons have role of
button. Using a native HTML
input type="submit"element is a better choice than creating a custom ARIA button.
- Buttons should have accessible labels. By default, the accessible name is computed from any text content inside the button element.
- A button should be triggered by pressing “Spacebar,” “Enter,” or “Return.”
- The mouse cursor should be a hand icon (
- Disabled buttons should have
- When placing a button on a color other than standard background colors (Gray Light or White), make sure the colors of all states (except for disabled) still meet color contrast accessibility standards.
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!