Switches are selection controls that yield instantaneous actions. They have an on and off setting.
- Turning on and off a feature, mode, or functionality.
- Toggling elicits a change in the UI.
- You want to trigger a state change directly when you toggle it.
Don’t use when
- Requiring user action consent, such as accepting terms and conditions. Instead, use a Checkbox.
- Requesting multiple choices from a group of options. Instead, use a Checkbox group.
- User need to select one item from a list of options. Instead, use a Radio Button.
|05/09/2022||1.0.1||Updated full layout.||M. Johns|
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!