Segmented controls allow users to make a single selection from a set of 2–5 options, as a common alternative to radio buttons and dropdown menus. They clearly present all available options to users and are easy to use on mobile devices and tablets.
- You need to provide closely related choices that affect an object, state, or view.
- You need to reduce cognitive load and/or other selection controls are inadequate.
Don’t use when
- Enabling actions, such as adding, removing, or editing content.
- Filtering or navigating content (use Tabs instead).
- There are too many segments causing crowding.
|06/01/2022||1.0.1||Updated full layout.||M. Johns|