Radio buttons are used to afford a single selection from two or more options.
Note: Radio buttons for touchscreen apps should include a large, invisible touch target around the radio button and label to ensure high usability.
- Options are mutually exclusive.
- Visibility and quick response is a priority.
- Comparison of options needs to be clear.
- You want to emphasize options.
Don’t use when
- User can make multiple selections. Instead, use Checkboxes.
- You are providing more than 7 options.
- You are attempting to highlight a preferred choice. Instead, use a Dropdown.
- When a large number of familiar options is available.
|06/02/2022||1.0.1||Updated full layout.||M. Johns|
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!