Note: In-cab sizes only. See mobile patterns (coming soon) for smaller options for in-field.
- Persistent: Yes.
- Visibility: Full Screen. Remains visible until acknowledged.
- Actions: May include one button (e.g. OK) or two (rare).
- Shade rest of screen: N/A - alarm is a full screen message.
- Audio: One long continuous beep on entry.
- Message Center: Recorded in the log. Active until resolved, badge number on bell.
- Alarms indicate that a show-stopping condition exists. The operator may NOT continue to work.
- The system is unable to function until the underlying issue is addressed. Unresolved alarms will also appear in the Alarms & Alerts message tray under the Bell icon in the Action bar.
- Unresolved alarms that are related to onboard devices, or other configuration errors will result in red Dashboard tiles.
- Unresolved alarms may also result in error messages in other sections of the software.
- Messages should be brief, written in full sentences with proper punctuation.
- They should provide the user with helpful, contextual information about a possible action or a set of data.
Was this page helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!